If you want to know a little about who we are and where we began, this is the place to be!
I will share a bit about when we began, and where we are now.
Pastor James and Marina have been faithfully serving our local church for 8 years. They are excited to help and serve the people of Edmonton.
A little about them, they have been married for 10 years, gone through life’s ups and downs, and have 2 wonderful boys, while keeping the church ministry going.
Their passion is to bring souls to know Jesus Christ and to see lives being changed and transformed by the power of God.
They would love to see you and your family join us for a service.
From the beginning
Where we are now
Our church began in October of 2012, when at our Chilliwack bible conference me and my wife made the decision to launch into the work of God. We were launched from that conference body and shortly after began a work here in Edmonton, Alberta. In early 2013, we started by holding bible studies in our home in bonnie doon. We eventually found a small community hall where we started holding regular services. Over time we have moved 4-5 times to different halls and locations. We have now found a home on the north west end of Edmonton in March of 2017.
We are part of Christian Fellowship Ministries, that was started by the late Wayman and Nelda Mitchell. In 1970 Wayman and Nelda Mitchell moved to Prescott to take over a small, struggling congregation. Shortly after arriving, God saved a number of young hippies who were very different than anyone in the church. But as they were welcomed, God began to pour out His Spirit on the congregation. As Pastor Mitchell sought to reach young people, they saw the possibilities of the “coffee-house” concert ministry. At the first concert they ever tried as an evangelistic tool, more than 200 young people attended, with many saved. Out of this a regular concert ministry was birthed. 2 nights a week, bands played, testimonies of salvation were given and the Gospel was preached, with many being saved each night.
From the beginning, Pastor Mitchell understood that concert ministry was to be a training ground of ministry development; It was run by young people who were committed to Jesus and His church. From the beginning, people who had been radically converted sought to share with others what God had done in them. Personal evangelism began to be one of the basic foundations of the church. Then came impact teams: Groups of people that would travel to other nearby cities to help people there experience what God was doing here. Over time, God began to reveal His plan of discipleship: Training young couples for ministry within a local church. In 1973 the first couple was launched directly into the ministry – and God blessed them! Churches then began to be planted throughout the Southwestern United States, and then further across America as converts prayed for the Gospel to be preached in their hometowns.
In 1978 the first couple was planted into another nation – Australia; and we discovered the Gospel worked there, just like it did here. After that, churches were planted in Mexico, Holland and Germany then as we came to understand God’s global mission more and more, churches began to be planted throughout the world. To date, there are over 3000 churches in 44 US states, and 117 nations of the world.
We are now in a permanent location on the west end of Edmonton where we are doing what God has called us to do, preaching the HOPE of the gospel and discipling men to do the will of God.
We have a wonderful congregation and are growing rapidly, we hope you will join us for a time of praise and worship and biblical preaching. It is exciting to see what God is doing in our city and nations in the lives of people!
We are touching lives one by one, making a practical difference in our City, Nation and World.
Wont you join us?
Statment of Faith
• There is only one God, and that He is eternally existent in Three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• God the Father is the Creator of the universe. He created man in His own image for fellowship, and called man back to Himself through Christ after the rebellion and fall of man.
• Jesus Christ is eternally God. He was together with the Father and the Holy Spirit from the beginning, and through Him all things were made. He left Heaven and became incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary; henceforth, He is forever one Christ with two natures--God and man--in one Person.
• The Holy Spirit is God, the Lord, and giver of life, who was active in the Old Testament, and given to the Church in fullness at Pentecost. He empowers the saints for service and witness, cleanses man from the old nature, and conforms us to the image of Christ.
• The baptism in the Holy Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues, subsequent to conversion, releases the fullness of the Spirit, and is evidenced by the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
• In the Bible containing the Old and New Testament is alone the only infallible, inspired Word of God, and that its authority is ultimate, final, and eternal. It cannot be added to, subtracted from, or superseded in any regard. The Bible is the source of all doctrine, instruction, correction, and reproof. It contains all that is needed for guidance in godliness and practical Christian conduct.
• Christ's vicarious death on the cross paid the penalty for the sins of the whole world. Its benefits of healing (body, soul, and spirit) are provided for in the atonement as well.
• That salvation is a free gift of God, based on the merits of the death of His Son, and is appropriated by faith. Salvation is affected by person repentance, belief in the Lord Jesus (justification), and personal acceptance of Him into one's life as Lord and Savior (regeneration).
• The Christian life is to be one of consecration, devotion, and holiness. The shortcomings of the individual are because of the still progressing sanctification of the saints. The Christian life is filled with trials, tests, and warfare against a spiritual enemy. For those abiding in Christ until their deaths or His return, the promises of eternal blessing in the presence of God are assured.
• The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God among the saints through the Spirit. Every believer born of the Spirit has a place in the church designated by God. A place where Christ is working in the lives of the called out ones and calling ministers to the great commission to go into all the world and make disciples of every nation.
• In the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism is the outward sign of what God has already done in the individual's life and is a public testimony that the person now belongs to Christ. It is identifying with the death and resurrection of Jesus and is done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Lord's Supper is a commemoration of the death of the Lord and is done in remembrance of Him until He comes again; it is a sign of our participation in Him.
• In the bodily, personal, second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the saints, the millennium, and the final judgment. The final judgment will determine the eternal status of both the saints and the unbelievers, determined by their relationship to Jesus Christ.